Pages

February 24, 2011

For those of you who are sitting on the edge of your seats to see more of my house (Hi Mom!), I bring you the living room.  I mentioned in my little rant about head boards that I'm not a fan of who long and narrow my living room is.  It's 18 foot something by 11 foot something, sounds like a decent sized room right?  Yes and no, lots of space but it's cut up kinda funny between the old fireplace, a stare case, and doors and windows it has taken some creativity to come up with something that I can sorta like.

Here is looking into the living room from the kitchen.  See those THICK walls?  The kitchen is the new part of the house, this is going into the old part of the house.  Want to hear some interesting facts about our house?  OK I'll tell you.
Right side of fire place
The old part of our house was originally two cottages, it's very hard to imagine living in a house that has two 18'X11' rooms and that's it.
Left side of fire place
At some point the two cottages were combined into one house, the old cottage part of our house is not a bad size.


Stair Case
At the time that our landlords acquired the property the cottage had sat empty for 10 years, they stripped it out re did it and added a large addition to it that makes up our kitchen and bedroom.
Play area

Doll house

More toys, and my tea trolley

Living room looking from my sewing room
I would really like to re-do the nooks on either side of the fireplace.  I want some color and/or pattern on the wall of the nooks.  I also want to get some IKEA expedite 2x2 shelves for storage (and to get the fish tank down to kid level) and then floating shelves above for books and decorations.  Would also help to make the area look symmetrical.
The drawers have Olivia's Littlest Pet Shop collection and a few of Erik's toys

Game Cabinet

These are suppose to have pictures of the kids from new born to one year, I have to rescue some photos from a dead laptop though.
And that is the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment